Danco Spout Diverted Blocking Flow

Users who are viewing this thread

Rbaylor

Reaction score
I know, the diverter is supposed to block flow to divert water to shower. My problem, and this is a brand new spout, is that the diverter gate in its lowest position still blocks about 50% of the flow. as a result, I have some flow in the spout and a small amount through the shower.

It's literally like the rod isn't quite long enough to allow the diverter to drop out of the way (not a build-up that's causing it to stop moving).

Any thoughts? I've attached a pic of it in its "fully open" position.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20210205_135453.jpg
    20210205_135453.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I know, the diverter is supposed to block flow to divert water to shower. My problem, and this is a brand new spout,
It looks like it may be new to you, but it sure doesn't look new in your photo.

Return the defective spout.

Rbaylor

Reaction score
It looks like it may be new to you, but it sure doesn't look new in your photo.

Return the defective spout.
It was bright and shiny new, but it's been on the tub a couple of months and we have too much lime in our water. That, coupled with a 35 yr old Moen cartridge that often doesn't shut off well (replacing this weekend), stuff built up fast. I thought that might have been the problem, but it cleaned up like new and this limited movement is a pure design or wrong lifting rod issue. That slider is supposed to pretty much clear the opening when it's down, right. No receipt and likely too much time to get an exchange at the big box store, I'm thinking.

Reach4

Reaction score
It was bright and shiny new, but it's been on the tub a couple of months and we have too much lime in our water. That, coupled with a 35 yr old Moen cartridge that often doesn't shut off well (replacing this weekend), stuff built up fast. I thought that might have been the problem, but it cleaned up like new and this limited movement is a pure design or wrong lifting rod issue. That slider is supposed to pretty much clear the opening when it's down, right. No receipt and likely too much time to get an exchange at the big box store, I'm thinking.
Most diverter spouts dribble. Not nearly as bad as yours, of course.

Consider one of these, which dribble very little:
Delta Faucet RP17454 Tub Spout Pull-Down Diverter, Chrome
(RP17453 is same but plastic) Plastic is more resistant to corrosion
RP5836 similar but adapter RP33794 has set screw.(confirmed)

Also a water softener is really nice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks