Curve PEX around niche?

Users who are viewing this thread

TheGewp

Reaction score
Are there any drawbacks to running a pex line from the mixer to the shower head like the picture below? What size pex should I use, 1/2 or 3/4? I am redoing the shower on this side of the wall and want to put a niche in where the current shower line runs. Thanks!
20210603_134237.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Not a problem. 1/2 is good, but you have to figure out what goes at the elbow. A drop-ear elbow screwed into some wood, that you would add, is the common way.

TheGewp

Reaction score
Not a problem. 1/2 is good, but you have to figure out what goes at the elbow. A drop-ear elbow screwed into some wood, that you would add, is the common way.

Thanks! Yeah planning to add a 2x4 and a drop ear for the shower arm. I would likely come straight across the top too and eliminate a bend.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm assuming you'll be changing out that old 3-handle tub/shower valve to meet current building codes of anti-scald tech?!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
you could mount the 90 to the block and attach the PEX prior to mounting the block to the studs.. otherwise you have no access to the tabs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks