Could frost on soffit vent cause mold inside room?

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by Weatherby460, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Weatherby460

Weatherby460 New Member

I'm getting some mold on the shingles and I'm seeing water spots on the inside edge of the north side of this 4 season room. On the south side of this room no water spots or mold, but I found frost on the soffits, and I think it's from the furnace vent. Could that be my issue? If so, any ways to fix it? Unfortunately no access point to this room. I may have to make one this spring. I had a insulation guy over to look at it. He said he can see batts of insulation from the main portion of the house in that room, but he cant get close enough to see what the issue is because of a vaulted ceiling on the main part of the house not allowing access. The wall inside is made of cedar sheets. Thanks for any help. sof1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Weekend Handyman

Weekend Handyman Member

Is that ice on the interior pic along the 2x2?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. PlumbNuts

PlumbNuts SC Licensed Plumbing Contractor

Owner, Plumbing Repair Service
    I do not have a good answer for you but am curious as to whether rerouting the vent might be a solution?

5. Weatherby460

Weatherby460 New Member

No, I think its condensation.

6. Weekend Handyman

Weekend Handyman Member

There is another blog called House Improvements. Might be worth also posting your question there. They do a lot of roofing, siding, general contracting stuff.

7. fitter30

fitter30 Well-Known Member

Retired service tech
    Agree with the others its condensation from the flue being in that corner.When there's no breeze moisture in the flue gas is condensing on the soffit and some being pulled into attic. What is brand and model devise that the flues connected to?