Correct wet vent design???

Users who are viewing this thread

cjdavis312

Reaction score
IMG_1201.JPG

Shower to the left (2"). 2" wye/45 headed back into wall picking up double vanity. Double sinks will be off to the right of the toilet and will be done correctly connecting back into those san tees (and vented above them). How's that wet vent of the shower and toilet look dealing with IPC???

cjdavis312

Reaction score
Oh thank the dear baby Jesus. Thanks Terry. I've gone through many versions (and hours of scouring this site :)) before landing on that one. Now let me run something else by you...

cjdavis312

Reaction score
IMG_1203.JPG

This is where the 3" line would connect to the stack. So a 3" san tee with an 1 1/2" side inlet grabbing the freestanding tub drain (the last and highest fixture connecting to the stack, all dry vent above going through the roof). Question is... does the tub need a seperate, rolled wye vent connecting further up on the stack or can the stack serve as the vent even with the 3" coming in???

cjdavis312

Reaction score
IMG_1205.JPG

So it is about 5' from the WC to the 3" san tee (the main stack). That 3" san tee would have an 1 1/2" side inlet grabbing the tub (less than 3' trap arm on tub to the side inlet). Above the san tee on the stack is dry vent to the roof. Does that tub trap on the left need a separate vent or will the main stack serve that purpose?

cjdavis312

Reaction score
Yes, I cut the mock up a bit long in the picture but the trap arm on the tub will actually be under 3 feet long. I just wanted to be sure that the 3" line dumping into the san tee wouldn't screw up that serving as the vent for the tub on that side inlet. That is, is the siphoning of a trap only a concern with horizontal flow and since the 3" line goes vertical at the san tee then it will still operate as a vent for the side inlet tub drain?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks