Condensate drain options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mycorrado

Reaction score
I am adding a tankless gas water heater. I need to drain condensate but don't have anything nearby except the bathroom behind it which I am redoing.

I was thinking of doing something like a washer in wall drain box/ stand pipe and air gap it into that, using 1 1/4 drain. a floor drain is more complicated due to the slab. my third option would be to pump it up and over somewhere into the bath ? shower? but don't like that approach either.

The floor in the bath will be raised (floating floor, over slab) so there is room there to run the drain straight across towards the drains.

Suggestions?

Attachments

• Garage4.jpg
    Garage4.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 192

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Let it drain by gravity if its above grade or you can pump it outdoors. Even dig a dry well to keep it out of site. Dallas never has a too long of a freeze to worry about it freezing over.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks