Combo wye under toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Wernher

Reaction score
Is it possible to use a combo wye to catch a tub drain line like below? I am getting conflicting information elsewhere. Or should the 2" line tie into the 4" sewer line downstream of the toilet?

1694890201143.png

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Presume the tub is vented already. I think your question corresponds to the discussion in this thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/is-this-wet-vent-of-a-toilet-ok-theoretical.89201/
But pay attention to post #31 of that thread.

Looks like Florida has adopted the plumbing portions of the IRC. So if your project is subject to the IRC, the configuration in the OP is not allowed. If it's outside the scope of the IRC (generally one and two family dwellings, if Florida hasn't amended the scoping sections in Chapter 1), then the configuration is allowed under the IPC.

Cheers, Wayne

Wernher

Reaction score
Yes that thread helps. Maybe this will help for context. I have read that there is concern with waste getting stuck in the back side of the WYE if installed in this manor and then there are concerns with venting. Maybe I should just move the main line over and come in to it horizontally rather than dropping over the top of it?
1694895449153.png

1694895515191.png

Reach4

Reaction score
What is WB? Is that Wash Basin (lavatory)? Oh,,, maybe wet bar. That might present a problem.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Laundry and tub Id wye off down stream of w/c , Wc would not be a combi just 90 the Tub and Wash machine I would not wet vent .

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Only thing is the w/m cant be vent on the tub like that what about a seperat vent in wall for both and tie vent above the box or attic?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks