Code for vertical drop for toilet/tub, IPC

Discussion in 'IPC Plumbing Code Questions' started by atuel, May 31, 2010.

1. atuel

atuel New Member

never mind... that was a terrible idea. Would have cut too much out of my height that is the whole reason I'm doing this in the first place.

I dont really know if the sink is vented or not cause I cant tell behind the vanity, but it elbows over to the side, so signs point to its probably not vented unless they have a san-tee in there that connects back in with another vent in the wall somewhere.

But this should be better for my height needs and allow it to be vented one way or the other.

revisedNewProposal.jpg

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Well, now the shower isn't vented.
    Why did you change it?

3. atuel

atuel New Member

I have a 4th pipe that connects in that was hidden beind the air duct. Now that the duct isnt obscuring it, I need to find a way to connect it in as well. I've also got a better view of everything to see the concrete pillar in there.

I see your point though... will angling the wye the shower connects to over to 90 degrees instead of 45 and dropping the ptrap so it wouldnt take a down turn satisfy venting?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  4. atuel

atuel New Member

So maybe some real pics would help. Now that the duct is out of the way, you can see everything in one shot.

This one shows the area I need clear. Its about 5' wide and I need 4' and pretty much all of the height except maybe a few inches.

smallerShotOfRunToBeClear.jpg

This is from the opposite side showing which fixture is which.

smallerShotOfPlumbing.jpg