Circulating pump

Users who are viewing this thread

siklife

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Ill be installing 3 75 gallon water heaters either parallel or in series with a circulating pump. What kind of pump would you recommend for such an installation?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You only need to recirc from one tank and have a 1/2" line back. Grunfos makes a 1/25 HP model that works for that. Too much speed on the return pits the pipe. I've also installed them with an aquastat that just bumps the motor every so often to keep the return warm.
Three 75 gallon water heaters? What are you supplying? Just curious.

siklife

Reaction score
Its a big house. 3 kitchens, 3 laundrys, 6 bathrooms I believe. The rough was done by a different plumber and the original plan calls for 3 75 gallon water heaters (overkill?), which is what the homeowner wants me to install. Im still debating on how to go about this installation. Any advice will be appreciated.
Out of these pumps which should i go with?
http://www.supplyhouse.com/Recirculator-Pumps-12800000

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks