Champion flapper replacement

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by PlayaSusia, Jul 15, 2021.

1. PlayaSusia

PlayaSusia New Member

I have a two piece American Standard with an old style Champion flapper that is leaking. The model number is stamped on the inside of the tank but very lightly, crooked and uneven so I can't make it out. I've had the toilet since 2005 and have replaced the gasket once before with a Korky replacement and it fixed the leak at the time so I didn't give it another though. Recently its been leaking again so again I changed the gasket and it hasn't helped any. I've only now been reading about all the problems American Standard had with this original flush tower and how they discontinued and redesigned a few years after.

Anyway what's the recommended replacement brand or part? I've been reading reviews and see people complaining about the Champion 4 flapper as well. Is a universal replacement from Korky or Fluidmaster better or should I stick with a Champion 4? The toilet is in a tight location so I don't want to have to take it apart more than once.

2. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. PlayaSusia

PlayaSusia New Member

5. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

Both of those kits are the same. The only difference is the price.