Cast Iron from toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

bigb56

Reaction score
House built in 1952, I can see they had to use 2-90 degree fittings back to back from the closet bend to get down to the proper level, is this standard with today's ABS or can the closet bend be fitted with a length of 4" straight pipe to bring it to the proper level? What about two 45s instead of a change of direction like they did? I have my plumber coming Monday, I did all the demo and re-piped the 2" stuff and the new main up to the toilet but he is going to do this toilet partly because I cannot fit back in there and partly because I am not sure how to do it properly. (The 2" vent for this toilet is 5 feet away at the lav)

Attachments

• 20200209_130016.jpg
    20200209_130016.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 119

bigb56

Reaction score
Yes there was a 2" vent at the elbow. I couldn't see it from where I could get to, the plumber's helper was able to squeeze all the way in there

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks