Cast Iron from toilet.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by bigb56, Feb 9, 2020.

1. bigb56

bigb56 New Member

House built in 1952, I can see they had to use 2-90 degree fittings back to back from the closet bend to get down to the proper level, is this standard with today's ABS or can the closet bend be fitted with a length of 4" straight pipe to bring it to the proper level? What about two 45s instead of a change of direction like they did? I have my plumber coming Monday, I did all the demo and re-piped the 2" stuff and the new main up to the toilet but he is going to do this toilet partly because I cannot fit back in there and partly because I am not sure how to do it properly. (The 2" vent for this toilet is 5 feet away at the lav)

Attached Files:

2. Smooky

Smooky In the Trades

Maybe there is a vent at the elbow, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. bigb56

bigb56 New Member

Yes there was a 2" vent at the elbow. I couldn't see it from where I could get to, the plumber's helper was able to squeeze all the way in there