Case 3000 Fill Valve Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

EArcher

Reaction score
Greetings All,
I am working on a Case 3000 in my grandfathers house that is leaking. I am going to say it is leaking in the fill valve? There is a brass plug that is pressed downward via a linkage that is attached to the tank float ball, and that brass plug seats downward on a vinyl/plastic type bushing that screws in to the assembly underneath the brass plug. I have purchased the new seat (the new one is brass instead of plastic/vinyl), the rubber plug and washer that goes on the brass plug, and float ball and rod. Upon trying to unscrew the seized vinyl seat, the allen head portion has become stripped. What is the best option to remove the vinyl seat so I can screw in the brass one? Use a small torch to burn out the vinyl seat? I hope my description isn't too confusing. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

-EArcher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks