Case 3000 valve leaking around ball-cock cover cap

Users who are viewing this thread

Megcan2

Reaction score
After I flush my Case 3000 toilet, when the tank is re-filling I have water flowing out from around the large round cap which covers the ball-cock mechanism.

I've tried to illustrate the location in the following photograph (I've re-purposed a photo that Reach4 had originally posted in a thread here on this forum; I hope that's okay).

dXv0ej.jpg

It's not clear to me whether I should have water flowing from this location. I have other Case 3000s in my house, and some of them do this but some of them don't. The tank on this toilet (with the water flowing out from around the cap) re-fills very slowly, it takes more than 5 minutes. One of my Case 3000s without water flowing from this location refills in about 2 minutes.

Regarding gaskets, my Case 3000s have different configurations, beneath this cap. A couple of them have a single thin gasket, a couple have two gaskets.

Please let me know whether water flow from this location is normal functioning. If it's not, what should I do, to stop this water flow?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Look for "Briggs/Case SP-26". It contains the parts you need. It is not unusual to have some seepage coming out from the cap. It will get worse if left unattended.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks