Carolina II

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve73501

Reaction score
DD7AD94D-22C0-4FE7-B60E-9EE7D0DF88AD.jpeg

I am replacing my toilet with a Toto Carolina II. My rough in is 13.5” and the current tank sits 2” off the wall. This makes me think my current toilet is a 12” rough in. I want to put the 14” unifit but unsure if the new toilet will fit. I believe the tank will be 7/8” off the wall and the bottom will be 1 1/8” off the wall using the spec sheet. I am also installing a Dahl mini-ball E33-2386-A. My water supply is about 5 1/2” off center. Am I looking at everything right for the 14” unifit install?

Reach4

Reaction score
You did see that the Carolina II datasheet called for the supply to be 8 inch left of center. So is your main question to ask how much margin they built into that number?

skirted-toilet-terrylove.jpg

Sometimes 6", and sometimes 7".

dahl-toto-angle-stop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When your rough-in is exact and you use the corresponding UniFit adapter, there should be a NOMINAL (that means it can vary a bit) 3/4" behind the toilet. With 13.5, using a 14" unifit adapter, you should have 1/4" behind the toilet. That assumes that the wall is perpendicular to the floor and doesn't have any bows or warps to it. So, the toilet might fit, but you may not clear the shutoff valve or supply hose. If you used the 12" unifit that comes with the toilet, you'd have that nominal 3/4" + the 1.5" excess, or about 2.25". Now, you can fudge the install of the adapter onto the flange by maybe 3/8" or so bringing that gap down to 1-7/8" and still have the outlet pointing straight into the drain hole.

Steve73501

Reaction score
Well, I ended up using the 12” unifit. I am not disappointed. I went from 2” to 2.125” back wall distance and the Dahl ball valve clears the rear of the toilet. I really like how it turned out.

5280C43B-AB1E-458D-ABB1-E8B912A3E0B3.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks