Can't see pitless due to debris, "snappy" type adapter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Slawek

Reaction score
You think that pictured part is in your well? That says 4 inch, and your pitless says 6x6.

Could be tho...

It was the wrong size.... I was hopeful.

With a help from a buddy and some ingenuity we got a new pump and pitless adapter in.

To start, I made a gantry from some spare wood and a cheap battery powered 3000lb ATV winch at the top. We got the top casing removed as well as three 20' sections of galvanized pipe and finally the pump itself. We found that the spool was very corroded inside the casing. Pounding it with a sledgehammer did not cause it to budge so I had to blast the outside with a propane torch and it finally let loose. I had no chance or desire to re-use the thing after the trouble it had caused me so we drilled a new hole for a slide in pitless adapter from the store.

The seal that I inquired about in a previous post did end up being too small but the original was in decent shape so we kept it.

I was originally going to go with Poly pipe but was talked out of it by the local well guy that was advising me. I was under the impression that PVC piping would be stiff and require threading each each section as the pump is lowered. Turns out you can prep the entire setup (pump, couplings, cables, pitless, t-handle) beforehand and lower it in with ease in a large arc.

Ended up going with a 1/2hp 2-wire Grundfos for the pump.

Thank you everyone for your insights and help. I'm sure I would have been in several $k given the situation with my deck, digging, and spool being stuck.

gantry.jpg corroded_spool.jpg removed_spool.jpg red_jacket_pump.jpg new_pitless.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks