Cannot remove Grohe single-lever faucet handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Hanyu the Maltman

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have 3 Grohe Eurocube single lever faucets (model 23129000) in my bathrooms which are all leaking. Grohe was kind enough to send me the replacement cartridges free of charge so I attempted to take off one of the faucet handles by first removing the set screw on the back of the handle. After that step and applying considerable upward force on the handle, it still has not budged. Is there something I'm missing or is just a matter of not enough force to wedge the handle off the base? I am not sure if it might have corroded, I would assume there are some plastic components inside the handle but I am not sure of the materials used.

I don't want to break anything, but I'd really like to get the new cartridges in. Does anyone have any ideas? :(

Thanks for your time,
HtM

Widgit Maker

Reaction score
Parts break down. May have to remove handle with the handle in the up position like the water is on.

grohe.jpg

Last edited:

Hanyu the Maltman

Reaction score
Thank you for the diagram Widgit Maker. I finally got the handle off with much more force than anticipated. Now the piece right underneath, the domed chrome plated cover, is not coming off. Is this removable by hand without a tool?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byxb5-rt0t8nODJtaE93NE5NRVE

It seems to be threaded (?) but made out of cheap plastic so I'm afraid to use a metal tool. Any ideas?

Sorry for the 20 questions!!

Last edited:

Widgit Maker

Reaction score
Probably have to pry up with small screwdriver under the edge dome part. Note the exterior of part number 2 is a hex shape (for removing Part 2). The interior of part 2 does not appear to be threaded. Therefore logic says that dome chrome part is a press fit.

Try slipping the point of a utility knife under the bottom edge of the chrome dome.

Last edited:

cwallen19803

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have 3 Grohe Eurocube single lever faucets (model 23129000) in my bathrooms which are all leaking. Grohe was kind enough to send me the replacement cartridges free of charge so I attempted to take off one of the faucet handles by first removing the set screw on the back of the handle. After that step and applying considerable upward force on the handle, it still has not budged. Is there something I'm missing or is just a matter of not enough force to wedge the handle off the base? I am not sure if it might have corroded, I would assume there are some plastic components inside the handle but I am not sure of the materials used.

I don't want to break anything, but I'd really like to get the new cartridges in. Does anyone have any ideas? :(

Thanks for your time,
HtM
I was wondering if you might describe how you removed the handle to your faucet. I've removed the set screw from the rear but it doesn't seem to budge when I pull on it. In particular, I am interested in your statement "I finally got the handle off with much more force than anticipated".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks