Can anyone review my DWV Sketchup Plan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bradley Grillo

Reaction score
Hi first time caller long time listener - I'm renovating a house and moving everything around. Before I start roughing in I wanted to see if I made any mistakes according to the 2015 IRC. I have attached the drawings (all pipe is PVC 2" and 3")

The specific questions I have are:

- I need (2) 1/8 bends to change direction in the 2" vent above the kitchen sink because the wall is sloped. Does it need to be at least 6" above the sink?

- I have 3 cleanouts as shown. There is less than 40' between them. My last cleanout is 20' from the foundation wall. After the pipe goes through the foundation wall, there is 12' until it dumps into the septic tank. Do I need a cleanout outside or is the septic tank close enough?

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG

Reach4

Reaction score
Your tub trap should be vented before joining the toilet waste or laundry waste. Same with showers.
- I need (2) 1/8 bends to change direction in the 2" vent above the kitchen sink because the wall is sloped. Does it need to be at least 6" above the sink?
I did not see anything that looked like a kitchen. However 45 from vertical is considered vertical, so the answer to what I think you are asking is no.

- I have 3 cleanouts as shown. There is less than 40' between them. My last cleanout is 20' from the foundation wall. After the pipe goes through the foundation wall, there is 12' until it dumps into the septic tank. Do I need a cleanout outside or is the septic tank close enough?
I don't know.

Bradley Grillo

Reaction score
Thank you Reach4 - Are you saying I should have a vent upstream of each fixture instead of downstream? Is this necessary for toilets too? I currently have the vents for everything located downstream if they enter a horizontal drain

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know IRC, but I was thinking of bringing the vent to the tub (or shower) trap arm before it joins the laundry and toilet waste. I hope you get some more views. I am not a plumber.

Attachments

• img_3.jpg
    img_3.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks