Broken seat

Users who are viewing this thread

mino

Reaction score
Hi all,

First thanks for providing such an informative forum! I am new on here, and know nothing about plumbing (noob warning!), but here goes...

I attempted to remove a stem seat from the cold source with a stem wrench, but it was on so tight the seat actually snapped off and the threaded part is now stuck in the valve (?pipe?)...only the top of the seat is out! To make things worst, it is already difficult to "reach" the area as the valve sits below the top of the tub about 4 inches AND it doesn't appear to have an access panel (I had to turn the main water off). In other words, I have to look down into the valve/pipe through an approx. 2" diameter opening on the top surface of the tub. (I hope all that made sense!)

I know this was dumb and it probably should have been lubricated before, but it's a mute point now. I looked at the EZ out tools but 1. I don't know if they will work and have never used them before and 2. they don't look long enough.

Does the whole piece need replacement, just because of that stem mishap or is there a way to remove / fix the problem?

Thanks for any advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks