Brass, SS, or PVC Pressure Tank Plumbing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Can anyone tell by my pictures?
What is the OD? If you don't have a caliper, what is the circumference?

Is that shiny part a check valve? Sorry to see that.

3/4 CPVC is 0.875 OD, and poly pipe for wells is about 1 inch plus or minus, depending on the wall thickness (and psi rating). The inside diameter of SIDR ASTM D2239 3/4 is fixed at 0.824 so they all use same barb size.

Kubstix

Reaction score
What is the OD? If you don't have a caliper, what is the circumference?

Is that shiny part a check valve? Sorry to see that.

3/4 CPVC is 0.875 OD, and poly pipe for wells is about 1 inch plus or minus, depending on the wall thickness (and psi rating). The inside diameter of SIDR ASTM D2239 3/4 is fixed at 0.824 so they all use same barb size.

I don't have a caliper but will this picture help?

I'm sorry about the check valve.

IMG_20180425_204401.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
It's hard to say. Wrap a string around the pipe. Put a mark on the string that hits where the string crosses. Measure the distance from the middle of one mark to the middle of the other mark.

Kubstix

Reaction score
It's hard to say. Wrap a string around the pipe. Put a mark on the string that hits where the string crosses. Measure the distance from the middle of one mark to the middle of the other mark.

IMG_20180425_212854.jpg

I wrapped a zip tie around and marked where it crosses. Does this help?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks