Brass Shower floor drain mounting in pan

Users who are viewing this thread

Hunter2

Reaction score
I have a Sterling Accord center drain shower with the higher base about 21 " on the sides and back, the front is 3.5 inch high. I just did the demo and it seems the PVC from the floor is to short, its 3/4" under the height of floor. There is an open hole around the drain, it seems they didn't fill it in when the original one installed so I can get to it. I have a Plumbest Brass drain, which looks just like the Oatey 4". How high should the plastic pipe stick out of floor or should it be level with floor? It seems its about an 1" low. Please advise on proper height and best way to fix this. The tolerances are pretty tight so I am using furring strips and shims to get the drain to line up where it should be. Thanks for any help.

Hunter2

Reaction score
Any help? In short how far up inside the brass drain should the 2 in PVC go up? I thought I read 1.25 in. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
In a proper installation, you will put this part or similar to fill in the gap between your 2" riser off the floor and your brass drain set, therefor the riser should reach just below where the strainer sits :
PROFLO Single Drain Gasket for Shower Receptor
Model FSBGSKT

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks