Bidet Valve Connections

Users who are viewing this thread

SeaDog

Reaction score
HELP HELP HELP!!! I've been on a 3 month journey. My dog freaked out during a thunderstorm and almost chewed through the supply line that feeds cold water to the bidet mixing valve. I have two supply hoses (hot and cold). Each supply hose goes from the water source to the corresponding hot and cold valves. Off of each valve there is a second hose that feeds through a T to the mixing valve. The output from the mixing valve then goes to the spray nozzle of the bidet.

I have the hot water supply line as an example of what I need. I've taken it to every hardware store around me (Lowe's, Home Depot, Ferguson) and even went to a hydraulic hose manufacture that makes steel braided hot rod and air plane hoses. No one can match the end of the hose that connects to the valve. Not sure but I believe the valve set is Moen (maybe someone can tell me how to determine if it is or is not). I was trying not to totally disassemble the valves to determine the type but if I have to so be it. The trim kit, I believe the valve is Moen Brantford, Model T5225 which uses a Moen 9265 Rough In Valve. The current picture on the Moen website is very similar but of course the hose connections are slightly different than what I have. Wondering if this is because the valve set I have is about 13 years old.

My question is: Does anyone know if this is some sort of weird proprietary hose fitting specific only to Moen? Any reason I can't find a replacement hose at my local plumbing supplier? I've located the schematic for Brantford online and see that the hose is a Moan Part Number 98055 - which is discontinued. However, I've found it online for sale at many suppliers. Point being I would like to know if I'm buying the right part before clicking the purchase button to avoid cycling them and me...cheapest price I can find for a single 12 inch hose is about $40. The red arrows in the below picture show the two connection points for the hose (one for the hot water and one for cold).

Thx in Advance For Your Help - SeaDog

Bidet IMG_0653.jpg

Bidet Valves From Underneath with Arrows.jpg

moen-t5225-parts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks