Best way to attach 350kcmil flat submersible cable to 7" steel drop pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

MorganKnight

Reaction score
First post here, so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place... I'm putting in a 200hp submersible pump for irrigation and I'm not sure the best way to attach the submersible wire to the drop pipe. I have installed smaller pumps before and just used waterproof tape, but not sure that will be sufficient on wire this big? I've thought about using hose clamps but I'm afraid they might eventually wear through the wire insulation. Any help on this would be great, thanks!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
First post here, so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place... I'm putting in a 200hp submersible pump for irrigation and I'm not sure the best way to attach the submersible wire to the drop pipe. I have installed smaller pumps before and just used waterproof tape, but not sure that will be sufficient on wire this big? I've thought about using hose clamps but I'm afraid they might eventually wear through the wire insulation. Any help on this would be great, thanks!
They make saddles about 3" long with a couple slots in the top for a SS band. The 3" wide part is why it doesn't pinch the cable. You could probably use worm gear clamps if the worm is also SS. But I have seen the threaded worm rust out many times. I used 3/4" wide, .020" thick, 304 SS straps that came in a huge roll. You need the SS buckles along with the band tightener and buckle crimping tool to make that work. Was standard equipment on my larger pump hoist trucks. They also make an all in one air operated band tightener and crimper. Wore a few of those things out at 1500 bucks a pop. Can't imagine how much one would cost today some 30 years later?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks