Best skirted trapway toilet for the money? Is Kohler Gleam good?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by not, Jan 29, 2021.

1. not

not New Member

Our house is 11 years old and has cheap builder grade toilets. One of them clogs easily and I'd like to replace it soon. Initially I was only considering Toto based on what I have read here before. When I told my wife I was shopping for a new one, she said she wants one with smooth sides covering the trapway for easier cleaning. I think that puts the Toto brand out of my price range.

Current toilet is a round bowl, but I think an elongated bowl will fit without any issues in the space. It is a 12" rough-in.

So, my requirements are:
    1. Not likely to clog. I will be very sad if I spend$250+ and then have to bust out the plunger.
    2. Fully skirted trapway
    3. Low price
    4. Doesn't look weird
    Based on my requirements, my frontrunner right now is the Kohler Gleam. Is this likely to have decent flushing performance and not clog on me?

Any other models I should consider that are under $300?

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    In my last home I installed two Kohler Wellworth 1.6 gallon flush that used a flapper. Always worked well, never a clog but are no longer made. Kohler now calls it Wellworth Classic in 1.28 gallon with Class 5 flush. Google "class 5" for videos that shows how it works. That said I'm sure all Kohler's are good but the shirted type are always more $$.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement