Best skirted trapway toilet for the money? Is Kohler Gleam good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Not

Reaction score
Our house is 11 years old and has cheap builder grade toilets. One of them clogs easily and I'd like to replace it soon. Initially I was only considering Toto based on what I have read here before. When I told my wife I was shopping for a new one, she said she wants one with smooth sides covering the trapway for easier cleaning. I think that puts the Toto brand out of my price range.

Current toilet is a round bowl, but I think an elongated bowl will fit without any issues in the space. It is a 12" rough-in.

So, my requirements are:
  1. Not likely to clog. I will be very sad if I spend$250+ and then have to bust out the plunger.
  2. Fully skirted trapway
  3. Low price
  4. Doesn't look weird
Based on my requirements, my frontrunner right now is the Kohler Gleam. Is this likely to have decent flushing performance and not clog on me?

Any other models I should consider that are under $300?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
In my last home I installed two Kohler Wellworth 1.6 gallon flush that used a flapper. Always worked well, never a clog but are no longer made. Kohler now calls it Wellworth Classic in 1.28 gallon with Class 5 flush. Google "class 5" for videos that shows how it works. That said I'm sure all Kohler's are good but the shirted type are always more $$.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks