Best location for lineset to exit wall for this condenser install?

Users who are viewing this thread

Corman2000

Reaction score
Hey guys,

If you were hooking up this condenser, where along the red line would you want the lineset to come out of the wall? Trying to make the HVAC guy's life easier, and get good flow. I am guessing somewhere near the right side of the picture? Note: I do expect this condenser pad will settle a fair bit, is there a minimum length of line you would suggest between the wall and unit? Lines are 3/8" and 3/4".

Thanks for any input!

Cory

line.jpg

Fitter30

Reaction score
Minimum distance from wall is in the manual that comes with condenser. The valves on the condenser are at a angle just make the hole were the lines are at a sweeping angle.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Really doesn't matter. In Florida all homes are on slabs and most of the time they are buried under the slab and foundation, then come up from the ground. When the lines go bad, a chase is added to the outside wall and up the wall they go to get into the attic to make it to the air handler. You're about right, no higher than the red line. They should be placed to the left of the low voltage conduit so as they are protected from damage, the AC tech should have 90* elbows if needed. Nowadays an liquid line filter is installed between the connection and the house, at least in Florida. May be different in Canada. They are about size of a soda can. It can get tight and a little tough to braze the fittings, just let the AC tech make the decision.
047608-3.jpg

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Emerson...gd3V15VFDzPz6g9jogt43ex6Eed5hE24aAhzfEALw_wcB

Corman2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I put a hole along the line a bit to the right of the disconnects. The HVAC tech did a good job running the lines. This whole deal has been a bit frustrating so I'm happy to have it done. (Plumber did absolute hack work on furnace, water heater, A/C coil install. Company was honest enough and sent other guys to fix it. Their competency was still a bit lacking so I ended that and hired other people to finish the work.). All that's left is to cover the outside portion of the lines for UV protection and cosmetics.

Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks