Best Caulking Out thats easily removable later on?

Users who are viewing this thread

worldknown

Reaction score
Hey Terry and crew,
I was reading through an old thread from 2005 where you say that PolySeamSeal is a great caulking to use around toilets ,etc.. because its easy to remove down the road when necessary.

I am sick and tired of using Silicone LOL and want to find a better caulking i can use. Unfortunately, Polyseamseal is no longer in stores.

What are you guys using now?

Themp

Reaction score
I really like Polyseamseal, I bought a bunch online.

Your correct, HD and Lowes stopped carrying it and Ace Hardware is down to just selling what is left in stock. Not sure why this happened....

loctite-tub-tile.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

worldknown

Reaction score
I really like Polyseamseal, I bought a bunch online.

Your correct, HD and Lowes stopped carrying it and Ace Hardware is down to just selling what is left in stock. Not sure why this happened....

Thanks sir! Has a competitor come out with a product that is exactly the same, or has it been rebranded under a new name - so i can find it at the store rather than ordering it online?

loctite-tub-tile.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
It probably got booted by cheaper, made-in-China stuff. The same old story. Polyseamseal has always been my favorite, and the old stuff had a high content of butyl acetate, which
made it smell sorta like bananas. Quite pleasant, it was. The current version only has a tiny fraction of that ingredient, and the nose is disappointed.

worldknown

Reaction score
Unfortunately no store around me (home depot, lowes, or ace hardware) carry it. Is there a competitor that produces the same thing under a different name?

Storm rider

Slave to rentals
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks