Bathroom DWV Layout

Users who are viewing this thread

JWFord

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm adding a bathroom into my attic bedroom and I want to make sure the DWV layout looks good. In the picture the blue lines are drain lines and the red lines are vent. Both vents (sink and shower) will rise the required amount (at least 42") before going back through the knee wall (which is 5' high) to tie into the main stack vent.

The toilet line would be wet vented by the shower line which will be 2" PVC (is that big enough or should it be a size bigger?). The toilet will go through the wall below (which is the main floor bathroom wet wall) and tie into the cast iron stack in the basement.

Any problems with this layout? I'm in Michigan which is IPC.

Attachments

• Plumbing Plan.PNG
    Plumbing Plan.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 440

JWFord

Reaction score
OK. Thank you. I have a question about fittings. Both the fitting for where the wet vent connects and the sink will be wye fittings. The sink connection can be flat because the sink is vented separately but the wet vent wye needs to be rolled up at least 45 degrees correct?

I was also planning on doing everything in PVC but the living room is right below this bathroom. Do you think it would be worth it to do it in cast iron instead so the plumbing will be quieter?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks