Basement shower crew has arrived !

Users who are viewing this thread

Hammer12

Reaction score
We have contracted a contractor in Ontario to put in an extra bathroom in our basement.
The contractor says because its a basement floor we do not need any shower pan and he plans to put the tile directly on the basement concrete. We are using wooden studs here.

Also while Im at it he has put concrete wall board on but with drywall nails and no glue on the back of it.

I want a shower pan or at least a liner. But he says I dont need it because its concrete floor

I think I know what I want but when I try to get it the contractor says I dont know what Im talking about

I would like to toss the contractor out and just let him keep the half of the money of the contract but Im afraid I will have to keep him. He keeps insisting everyone is certified.

Comments appreciated

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could tell him. "OK native I don't need it, but I want it. I'm posting for what I want."

Or just get rid of him. If you signed a contract you'll be bound by the wording of that contract so work within the bound of it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need to comunicate with him . it sounds like substandard work, illegal bootleg crap, (I could be wrong) So even though a contract has been made likely to perform illegal work modify agreement for what you want done . agree or disagree then decide and if he needs to be fired come up with what you think is fair , this dosent mean either of you will be happy or either of you will be undamaged maybe you think he shouldnt have any compensation

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks