Basement Bathroom rough-in: please check my design

Users who are viewing this thread

Zayd

Reaction score
I realize I haven't posted an update here for a while. I'll grab some pictures and post soon.

One question for tomorrow's PVC work. I am wet venting the bathroom group through an AAV at the lavatory. In the layout below, is there any issue with the circled section turning to the side for 12" then back up? I know it is fine for drainage as long as appropriate pitch is maintained, but I want to be certain that the wet vent setup doesn't prevent a horizontal leg like that. Thanks.

theroot1972

Reaction score
OK but if Pit in your area requires dedicated line, why not just run 2 vent lines in same area? I mean isn't the hole in your basin 10" below grade? If something is 20' away that requires 5" down at the start. Plus why worry about 45 degree, why not run a tee into wall and vent there, vent only has to be within what 5' or 6' from the fixture, or am I missing something? Like the vent for my shower/vanity is a sanitary tee in wall, the 1 part goes to sink, 1 up into wall/ceiling for vent, 1 into floor, the 1 into floor meets the drain from shower in a WYE tee, and that runs down to a 4" WYE tee from toilet (Toilet is 4' from pit so uses the pit's vent). The sanitary tee in wall is within 3 or 4' From shower and like 1.5' from vanity. A WYE can sit on it's back/side. IDK, this all passed inspection in my area. Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong, IDK, I just rather have true vents than AAV's.
I think you mean something like this? UPC style. With only 10” of available fall though, there isn’t enough room to stack the fittings in this manner.

Attachments

• 121B07AA-62FC-4DA7-AC4D-0E51090E56D7.png
    121B07AA-62FC-4DA7-AC4D-0E51090E56D7.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 39

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Adding a horizontal offset to the circled section does not affect horizontal wet venting.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks