asthma inhaler flushed and is blocking toilet -

Users who are viewing this thread

accurare

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a clogged toilet due to a simultaneous flush and my asthma inhaler falling out of my pocket into the toilet bowl. Plunger was ineffective, so I have oredered a Ridgid k-6 toilet auger. Has anyone specifically flushed one of these or similar item? Wondering if it was successfully pushed through or pulled out using an auger. For those who have not experienced this, what is your guess as to my chances of removing it or pushing it through into the mainline with an auger? I'll find out soon, but anxious to hear anyone else's success story. Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
The normal thing to do is to lift the toilet off, clear the path, and put the toilet back into place with a new seal. Wax is the classic seal, but waxless has some advantages.

If you had a plunger nearby because you sometimes need it with that toilet, you might take the opportunity to put in a better toilet while you are at it.

accurare

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate your reply, but I don't have the skill to reseat a toilet, which, if it is necessary, I will hire a plumber to do it, and specifically, since I will be getting an auger delivered tomorrow, I was curious about that specific method. Anecdotally, I did read a message from someone that flushed her asthma inhaler down the toilet without any blockage (in 2010), so depending, I suppose on some variables, such as diameter of the inside plumbing passages of the toilet, and ability to accidentally reposition the object in such an angle as to ease the passage, etc, and I thought perhaps there might be others who have shared that particular misfortune with a good outcome, using an auger.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks