One toilet not flushing. Ideas??

Users who are viewing this thread

Jason Walker

Reaction score
Hello

Currently I am having an issue with my half bath toilet not flushing properly. It seems on some days it doesn’t want to flush and others it will. When flushing my main toilet the half bath toilet will bubble (As shown in video). Tomorrow I plan to take off the clean out under the house and use an inspection camera to look at drain line (snaking if needed with a 50ft manual auger). Does this seem like a clog issue or an air vent issue? I did in the spring time I did run a garden hose down the air pipe closest to my main toilet and I could hear the water flowing through the drain line under the house. It seems in time pressure builds up for a while then random time it is releases. Before I spending hundreds on a plumber figured I’d come here for some advise or direction. I got my own septic field and few years ago I got it pumped (Only 2 people live here). My septic field is new in 2009 and is 1350 gallon. Never had any type of backs or anything in any toilets or sinks. Main toilet works fine , but it does seem to double flush and take in quiet a bit of air when flushing.

Half bath toilet when Main is flushed video. (Link shared from Dropbox)

Thanks !
Jason

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Is this a new symptom?
I got my own septic field and few years ago I got it pumped (Only 2 people live here). My septic field is new in 2009 and is 1350 gallon.
When you got the tank pumped last, did the person tell you how full the tank was? Keep that info to forecast when you need pumped.

A few years like five?

It is cheaper to get the septic pumped sooner than needed than it is to get it pumped later than needed.

Jason Walker

Reaction score
Is this a new symptom?

When you got the tank pumped last, did the person tell you how full the tank was? Keep that info to forecast when you need pumped.

A few years like five?

It is cheaper to get the septic pumped sooner than needed than it is to get it pumped later than needed.

This has been happening for about 6 to 8 months from what I remember. Last septic pump was in Feb of 2018 and October 2014 before that. The gentlemen mentioned it wasn’t that bad at all and was breaking down as it should be. I plan to pump this spring once it warms up some. We also cleaned the in line filter the same day it was pumped in 2018.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks