AquaNot Replacement options?

Users who are viewing this thread

merim123

Reaction score
Hi guys, many years of reading threads on here, and finally registered. I'm trying to decide If I am going to keep this Aquanot system I have. This is our second house that has this system. I like the premise of this system as a backup, but if it is never run, it is the worst type of backup because it will fail when you need it to work.

Case in point at the new house, The system was installed in 2009 by previous owner. we had a lot of rain last few days and I got the lovely buzzer wakeup call at 1am last night. Get down there and the main pump is going non stop and the water level is up, it tripped the Aquanot, but it wasn't pumping. So I took it out and took the cover off the bottom and the no blockage on the impeller, but it was turning with some bind to it. Which I believe is from non-use and sure enough popped 30amp fuse on motor. So I replace the fuse, put it back in, and pumps about 3-4 times before it blows the fuse again. Luckily the rain slowed down, but this thing completely failed me when I needed it most. Now I'm debating what to replace it with. We always have water, so I need a backup system pump. I want to keep it battery backup. I thought this was a top of the line system, but doesn't operate that way.

Any thoughts or recommendations on what I else I should look into?

http://www.stopflooding.com/proseries/pdfs/Brochure PHCC-2400 2 Sided 1807031 High 3-2013.pdf

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks