any1 know of any shower base pans w/o pre-cut hole or ....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Billy Smith

Reaction score
or.... should i get a plumber? Thank you Terry Love for the info a week ago about how you would have to change the plumbing underneath to match the new hole...that makes sense...... i learn something everyday....im 25 and not the best construction guy but i can figure a decent amount out...... just looks a little tight in my basement and would have to be some real work imo to get the pipe over a foot to where the new hole would be.....but is that what a plumber does? maybe its nothing for him...... i attached a picture.... i like this dreamline kit from lowes but i already know the hole wont line up so do i get a plumber or.... does anyone recommenced anything else as in a different pan that comes without a hole or any ideas... thank you all for your help. stay safe

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
No picture.

A pan could come without a hole, but there'd still be only one place to put the hole, as everything has to be sloped to the drain. So they save you the trouble and cut the hole.

If you want to do a tiled receptor, I believe you can still get a custom foam pan made with the drain wherever you want it. Or if you can find a standard foam base with the drain close to where you want it, then you can cut a bit off the edges to adjust the hole location, and add the material back on the opposite edge, building it up as necessary. That will mean your pan perimeter is not level.

Usually moving the drain pipe is easier.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks