Any experience with smart water leak detectors like Moen Flo? Or with remotely controlled shutoff valves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Stickerbush

Reaction score
I have a vacation home that is vacant for months at a time. All plumbing is in conditioned space and we do not turn off water when we are away. My biggest fear is a plumbing leak that goes undetected and floods the house. Moen makes a device called Flo that seems like it could prevent this scenario from occuring. There are a number of negative reviews of this product on the Moen web site, mostly around failures that occur outside of the 1 yr warranty. This seems like a very short warranty for such an expensive product ($750).

Any experience out there with the Moen Flo product or with similar products from other manufacturers?

I don't necessarly need a smart water monitor, a simple shutoff valve that can be controlled remotely would work. Are there any products like this out there?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks