Antique toilet flange compatibility

Users who are viewing this thread

ColinMcM

Reaction score
I am installing an antique (1920s) toilet in new construction. The trapway (2-3/4" ID, 3-1/2" OD) outlet on the bottom of the bowl extends about 3/4" beyond the lip of the toilet base itself. I think it must have been installed such that the floor tile was laid around it after the toilet was in. I need to get the right closet flange and closet bend for this situation. This is going into new construction, so I can run whatever. I got a sioux chief tko 4x3 with a 3x3 elbow, but it is not going to work with this toilet, because that trapway extends out too far. I could maybe just install the flange and then put a flange extender on top, but I'm wondering if there is a better way. Maybe a 4" pvc flange that cement welds to the outside of a 4" spigot end (on the riser) closet bend that reduces to a 3" hub downstream to continue along into 3" drain line? Is this a normal solution to such a problem?

antique-toilet-bowl-01.jpg

antique-toilet-bowl-02.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You may want a 4" closet flange for that one. If going to a 3" line, they do make a 4x3 90 for that in hub and in spigot.

replace_lead_bend.jpg

Also a hub fitting.

index.php

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks