Amtrol vs pro select expansion tanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Heyjoe

Reaction score
I’ve heard plumbers complaining about how many amtrol tanks they are replacing, is there a better choice? Any experience with pro select?

Bob Y.

Reaction score
Hello,

I use Amtrol expansion tanks. I have no experience using Pro Select expansion tanks. What are you using the expansion tanks for? Your hot water tank or your heating system?

Whatever you use them for, please make sure that you set the correct bladder air pressure per your application. Bladder pressure MUST be set off line before installing the expansion tanks for them to work properly. Setting the correct bladder pressure will ensure proper operation and longer life. I have seen the Amtrol expansion tanks last 25 years or greater.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Bob

Heyjoe

Reaction score
Hello,

I use Amtrol expansion tanks. I have no experience using Pro Select expansion tanks. What are you using the expansion tanks for? Your hot water tank or your heating system?

Whatever you use them for, please make sure that you set the correct bladder air pressure per your application. Bladder pressure MUST be set off line before installing the expansion tanks for them to work properly. Setting the correct bladder pressure will ensure proper operation and longer life. I have seen the Amtrol expansion tanks last 25 years or greater.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Bob
Hydronic heating / 12 psi. Tank pressure 12 psi before installation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks