American Standard Heritage. Help needed identifying old shower valve parts

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by April1983, Jan 10, 2021.

1. April1983

April1983 New Member

Hi! We can no longer turn the hot water on in our shower. House was built in 1969. I would really appreciate some help figuring out what parts I need to get it fixed.

Attached Files:

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    One of the pros may recognize that handle and suggest a new stem for it. Usually, if you take it out and to a good plumbing supply shop, they can find a replacement for you. That means the water needs to be off while you're away, though.

But, it would be safer to replace the valve with a modern one that had the (today) required anti-scald technology. Those tile are soft, so easily cut to gain access and to then install a new valve. Most companies may a remodel plate that would then cover the larger hole in various shapes of chrome (and other metal finishes, if you wanted to change the rest of the items).

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

Your valve is American Standard Heritage. Rebuild kit nor this valve is N1140-KIT. It comes with all parts to rebuild and new trim.

upload_2021-1-11_5-44-52.jpeg

blue_bleeder likes this.
  5. April1983

April1983 New Member

Thank you so much! I appreciate the help!