Am I venting this bathroom properly (IPC area, pictures included)

Users who are viewing this thread

JoeW2019

Reaction score
I am installing a basement bathroom (sink, toilet, tub) and curious about venting properly. I am going to run a 2 inch vent up past the sink drain(common I believe). I would like to know how to properly vent my toilet behind the toilet flange, going up into the wall that will be built behind it. I've attached an example of what I would like to do to vent the toilet but I will be avoiding the horizontal portion of the vent pipe and 45 degree up into the wall(2" vent pipe). I could also attach a wye 45 slightly down stream of the toilet waste and run it back past the toilet flange and then into the wall. The pictured example looks easiest though. Also do I need a separate vent for the tub or would it be close enough to the toilet vent(wet vent?)?
plumbing 1.jpg
Screenshot_20190105-123942_Chrome.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Run the 2" tub drain under the wall where you can bring up a vertical vent, and then tie that drain into the water closet drain. This will vent the tub and the water closet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks