Air Bubble Causing Weak Flush Action?

Users who are viewing this thread

LarryLeveen

Reaction score
A toilet in the house we rent has a weak flush. I looked at many of the usual things and cleaned the siphon and bowl jets. I observed the flush action with the lid off and saw a large air bubble by the tank seal opposing the downward movement of the tank water into the bowl. Have folks encountered this before?

I thought to check the tank-mounting nuts and was able to tighten one by hand. I will see if that help at all (and I'd be surprised if it did because no water leaks out of the tank) but I welcome other thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can get a bubble back into the toilet if there's a partial clog down the line. The trapped air in the line may not be going up the vent, which could also be clogged. I'm sure that there are other possibilities.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks