Aging gas lines in America

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
The romans had chiseled rock troughs with free flowing water for crappers. No flappers or arguments about Toto and Kohler in their forum. Flushed anything you could squeeze out.

I suppose DNA would put the romans square in the English bloodline, so perhaps Ian wins.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Actually looking a little further back in time...

Prior to the introduction of modern flush toilets, most human waste disposal took place outdoors in outhouses or latrines. However, the ancient 2600 BC cities of the Indus Valley Civilization, e.g., Harappa and Mohenjo-daro, which are located in present day India and Pakistan, had flush toilets attached to a sophisticated sewage system—and other forms of toilets were used both in the time of the Romans and Egyptians as well. Although a precursor to the modern flush toilet system was designed in 1596 by John Harington, the toilet did not enter into widespread use until the late nineteenth century, when it was adopted in English upper class residences http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet

I wonder if they were made out of "English Oak"? ROFLMAO

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
In 2600 BC these were not "flush" toilets. They were troughs washed by a influx of water.

Curious about your "redwood pipe" logo. I happen to own several thousand board feet of Sequoia and redwood from reclaimed redwood pipes and tanks and olive vats. Straight verical grain, old slow growth. California is the place for redwood collecting - how did you get there?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks