Advice on pressure tank installation,

Users who are viewing this thread

annarborcar

Reaction score
I hired a plumber to install a pressure tank in our house. He did the piping (I am assuming to save on the work) in such a way that an elbow is touching the floor (which is typically wet). Please see the picture. I am concerned about corrosion and brought the issue to his attention. He mentioned that my concern is not warranted and he will change it only if I pay him extra. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• pipe.jpeg
    pipe.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 170

Reach4

Reaction score
I think that is not a problem. I presume that the water on the pipe is condensation on the pipe that is cold because cold water came in from the well. If the water is only at the elbow, that would change things, but I expect that the water is more pronounced there because it is a bit lower.

In the photo, it looks like the elbow is not really on the floor.

If you don't like the coloration, you can clean it with normal household cleaning stuff. A SkotchBrite pad or some steel wool, as you might use on RevereWare copper pan bottoms can make the colors appeal to you more. You could even apply a little car wax after you clean and dry.

I am not a plumber. There may be differing opinion from others.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I agree it looks like condensation is more of a problem than touching the concrete. Need a vent fan running down there. Could also slide a piece of gasket paper between the elbow and floor if your worried about it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks