Advice on drain design

Users who are viewing this thread

Olmedo

Reaction score
pmVfM9r9p

I'm asking about the end of the drain line at the bottom center of the design. Am I able to use a 3" Sanitary Combo and then reduce the drain to 1 1/2" for the lav drain? That is the only fixture that will drain there. Or do I have to run the 3" line above the cleanout before reducing? Code is UPC with no applicable amendments. Thank you

Last edited:

Plumber01

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can eliminate the lav drain altogether.

Use the toilet vent for the lav drain. 3" Santee for a cleanout, 3x2" bushing in the top of the Santee, 2x1.5" Santee for the lav drain, 2" vent through the roof.

Olmedo

Reaction score
pm0YX65xp
pouMcIGFp

So it would look like this then? Seemed like it was a much cleaner run the other way. Also, the cleanout was hidden inside the lav cabinet and now it's visible between the toilet and lav.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks