Discharge from Saniflo Macerator pump

Users who are viewing this thread

kmerlina98

Reaction score
Windsor Township, York County, Pennsylvania
I am adding a full bath in my basement and chose the Saniflo Saniaccess 3 to do this. I am planning out all of the plumbing. When routing the discharge from the pump, would I be able to tie into a 2in drain that connects to my kitchen drain? Currently, my kitchen drain comes down vertically into a sanitary tee with a cleanout, comes over 8' in 2in cast iron pipe, which then drains into the main horizontal 4in stack. I would be changing over from all cast iron to PVC with a fernco, but otherwise keep everything the same. For the macerator discharge I would add a wye fitting after the kitchen drains into the horizontal pipe. I have not had any luck searching plumbing codes.

Also, with venting, the unit came with a connection for 1.5in pvc. Would I be able to use 1.5in to vent the sink and shower as well? This would all join together and run through the wall to the outside.

Finally, I had to go with a 1.5in trap for the shower since I was only able to raise it up the minimum requirement for the Saniaccess 3 to maintain headroom. It is a small shower with only a 2 gpm shower head. Other than code, is there a problem using a 1.5in drain for the shower?

Thank you.