Adding a second laundry above basement, discharge to same laundry tubs

Users who are viewing this thread

Prowler6B

Reaction score
Due to worsening of my wife's knee issues, I decided to add an new laundry station to our first floor living area while retaining the former laundry in our unfinished basement as a backup. The basement washer discharges into the laundry tubs that drain directly to the cesspool, thereby bypassing the septic tank.
I would like to drain the new front load washer into the basement laundry tubs that would be about 40-45 horizontal feet away rather than discharge through the septic tank system.
My thought was to run the washer discharge hose to a washer manufacturer's siphon break to be located above the washer and then run a 1" rubber washer hose or 1 1/4" PVC pipe vertically down and then horizontally to the tubs. This would be done without concern for pitching the drain pipe at a 1/4" slope as the discharge water will be under the washer's pump pressure.
Any problem(s) with this plan?

Prowler6B

Reaction score
Never seen that done.
No inspector would allow that. 45 feet of tubing to be pumped through?
Is it advisable to go through the additional work of running a second, direct line to the cesspool or just tie into the nearby main septic waste and vent?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks