Add utility sink in garage, plumbing from washer inside the house.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Jose@FL, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Jose@FL

Jose@FL New Member

Military
    Hi everybody! I want to add a utility sink in my garage and I was wondering if it's ok to tap in the washer machine downspout before the P-trap, as shown in the picture "Option A", or do I have to do it as shown in "Option B", or is there another easier way? One caveat is that the floor of the garage drops down about 4 inches plus the slope, so I basically can't go too high where I tap in because then the sink will be too high in the garage wall. Thanks. IMG_9299.jpg