A very low volume well , adding a storage tank (?) Novice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It is usually easier to install the submersible from the top. I make a notch by the side of the manhole cover and either hang the pump from there or anchor the hose coming from the pump laying on the cistern floor with a flow sleeve and something to keep it a few inches off the bottom.

Horizontal Bracket for Sub sized.jpg
LOW YIELD WELL_SUB_PK1A.jpg

Work4latte

Reaction score
ah , i wasn't clear about the blue 'bunch of old stuff' - i'm not touching it. the old pressure tank, filters, and all that are staying intact. there will be a way to send water directly to the house from there, bypassing the storage tank system completely. I've learned the hard way in my diy projects to always have an alternative... at least until things have run for a while and proven stable.
All that old stuff is in a pumphouse, that may well have to be taken down to work on the well - if (when) than happens, i can run the storage tank with trucked-in water and move all that mess at my leisure, to get to the wisely advised state of the well being isolated and completely accessible.

Work4latte

Reaction score
in the picture of the pump on two pipes, there's no flow sleeve on the pump? the pump looks like it would sit flat on it's side and i thought i read that it should have the exit end elevated?
and you're just running the pipe up and out the tank hatch? Simple, i like that but there must be a union or something that allows you to disconnect and pull the pump?

Work4latte

Reaction score
i like the simplicity of the pipe just going out the hatch, and not using a pitless, as i said above, but - how do you prevent the pipes from freezing? It doesn't get super cold here (pnw marine climate) but we can have up to a week of temps in the teens. I can tape and insulate the pipe once it's outside the tank, but what about the part sticking out of the water inside the tank? won't that freeze? (plastic tank above ground)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks