A person claims to be a plumber

Users who are viewing this thread

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
One of the shower doors rolls closed by itself because the upper horizontal shower stall bar that the doors hang from is out of level about 1/8" in 1'.
And these guys wanted to use me as a reference. Not goin' ta' happen.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
One of the shower doors rolls closed by itself because the upper horizontal shower stall bar that the doors hang from is out of level about 1/8" in 1'.
And these guys wanted to use me as a reference. Not goin' ta' happen.

I leaned from my journeyman, Glen Bellows, that you always do your work with a level.
The whole house may be crooked, but if your work is level, they can never complain.
progress.gif

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
I leaned from my journeyman, Glen Bellows, that you always do your work with a level.
The whole house may be crooked, but if your work is level, they can never complain.
progress.gif
And what gets me is that I told them in advance how far out of plumb the walls were so it's not like they didn't know about these problems.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
progress.gif

True but putting a level on angle stops is absurd. I'm sorry but that one gets me. That's what yer eyeballs are for! lol That plumber even gots the name Level Em Up Johnny! :D

I do run into this problem with dishwashers a lot. I show the HO the level and say let them know that although it looks crooked, the level don't lie. One did question my level though! lol

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks