A failed inspection? And bad smell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
" The purpose of insurance is to provide you with what you were accustomed to prior to your loss".
The work WILL get done.

I'm glad the inspector was a help. We haven't seen any pictures, so we haven't been able to advise you on what happened there. I'm glad you got them to come out and take a second look. :)

Sherlock555

Reaction score
You think you know it all, so you figure that out for yourself......lol....

good luck
Well thank you! You come across that way yourself. I have never assumed I knew much about plumbing or I wouldn't of asked the 2 questions I asked. But when someone talks to me in a condescending way when all I said is why should I pay for a plumber or general contractor come to my home at my expense, when I'll find out what's wrong through the plumbing inspector free of charge and the contractor will be responsible for bringing his work done up to code? Just my opinion, but only a fool would do that. Being arrogant doesn't make your suggestion a good one. You weren't helpful in any way, suggesting I suck it up and pay to have a plumber come check things out. I paid my deductible. That was my responsibility when making a claim. Now it's the insurance company and contractor's responsibility to fix my house and do it right. They'll get the same respect they gave me. As well as you.
Happy plumbing bud!!

Sherlock555

Reaction score
I'm not sure where the confusion is, not to be disrespful and sorry if my response comes across that way. But it wasn't about getting him to come back. It's required. Once a building permit is obtained, that company is responsible for making sure work is up to code. There's no way around it. They come, they inspect, if anything isn't up to code, they come back , once you've booked the next inspection. Now if work isn't completed the next time the inspector comes to inspect, you can be fined 200.00. So the contractor should be sure everything is done and done to code. I'm not sure if this is a Canadian site, but I'm in Ontario Canada.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Well thank you! You come across that way yourself. I have never assumed I knew much about plumbing or I wouldn't of asked the 2 questions I asked. But when someone talks to me in a condescending way when all I said is why should I pay for a plumber or general contractor come to my home at my expense, when I'll find out what's wrong through the plumbing inspector free of charge and the contractor will be responsible for bringing his work done up to code? Just my opinion, but only a fool would do that. Being arrogant doesn't make your suggestion a good one. You weren't helpful in any way, suggesting I suck it up and pay to have a plumber come check things out. I paid my deductible. That was my responsibility when making a claim. Now it's the insurance company and contractor's responsibility to fix my house and do it right. They'll get the same respect they gave me. As well as you.
Happy plumbing bud!!

well I am guessing that the plumbing was inspected once already and it passed
and it was all screwed up, correct??
Now was your plumbing passed by the same inspector you have
now helping you or was it done by one of his underlings .....??
And do your really trust them ??

I just tried to explain to you that you are dealing with some serious incompetence here
both on the plumbing side and it sounds like on the inspection side too....
I suggested for your own peace of mind that it might be best to pay someone a small amount of money to get a second or even a third opinion about what all is wrong with your house...... instead of trusting the doofs that did a crummy inspection on your home in the first place, again.

This seems like good, honest advice to me but you dont want it..
and you sound like you got it all under control ,
so I wont make any more suggestions that might be in your best interest to consider... or perhaps offend you...

good luck. carry on

Sherlock555

Reaction score
well I am guessing that the plumbing was inspected once already and it passed
and it was all screwed up, correct??
Now was your plumbing passed by the same inspector you have
now helping you or was it done by one of his underlings .....??
And do your really trust them ??

I just tried to explain to you that you are dealing with some serious incompetence here
both on the plumbing side and it sounds like on the inspection side too....
I suggested for your own peace of mind that it might be best to pay someone a small amount of money to get a second or even a third opinion about what all is wrong with your house...... instead of trusting the doofs that did a crummy inspection on your home in the first place, again.

This seems like good, honest advice to me but you dont want it..
and you sound like you got it all under control ,
so I wont make any more suggestions that might be in your best interest to consider... or perhaps offend you...

good luck. carry on

Sherlock555

Reaction score
Well I guess that's where our wires got crossed.
I was told before we came back home, inspections would be done and passed. But...they were done and failed. I called the building inspector who told the plumbing inspector who told me the contractor lied to me! So the plumbing inspector said he'd come back because of the smell I told him about. He failed it the first time from just the stink pipe and wouldn't continue with the inspection. The contractor's plumber came (the boss this time) and said he'd do whatever was necessary for it to pass and for us to be happy. Then the plumbing inspector came the same day and he did a full inspection and did his report. So now the contractor has to make the adjustments for it to pass. Yes, they're shady...and the plumbing inspector knows it and is pissed because they lied to me. He's the one who told me they lied.
Next step? The contractor's plumber fixes it all...contractor calls the plumbing inspector to come and do another inspection. And unless it passes, they'll have to come back until it does. He told me he doesn't care if they have to open walls or rip out all the plumbing...its getting done to code. Period.
Thanks for the best of luck. I know it'll get done lol

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks