5x7 Bathroom Plumbing Plan Review and sewage pit question.

Users who are viewing this thread

James Broadback

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I originally posted a reply on a different thread but it was pretty old and so I figured I should post a new separate thread.

I came across this link in my search and saw Terry's response regarding the pit vent integration. Would the crude plan below be a valid implementation of venting a pit and bathroom overall? I need to run a new VTR and was looking to run one 2" vent through an exterior wall. The drain for the sink would be a 1.5" wet vent with one long sweep 90 degree turn. The size of the proposed bathroom is a 5x7. Would my proposed plan be okay to implement as is? Or do I need to run another VTR. IPC is the code for Pennsylvania.

index.php

Thanks,

Attachments

• roughplumbingplan.png
    roughplumbingplan.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 900
Last edited:

James Broadback

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am hoping I can get some feedback soon as I am breaking concrete today. I spent the passed two days digging the hole for the sewage basin and I hit bedrock. It was a long two days ladies and gentlemen! Drilling holes into the bedrock and chipping in every direction I could. Thank God I decided to go with the 24" (which is more like 25.75") basin.

Any info and advice is appreciated.

Happy Sunday, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
The lavatory drain needs to be 2" and the vent for the shower needs to come off the drain vertically or at least a 45 degrees vertically.

James Broadback

Reaction score

James Broadback

Reaction score
The lavatory drain needs to be 2" and the vent for the shower needs to come off the drain vertically or at least a 45 degrees vertically.

Thanks James Henry,

I planned on adding the vent for the shower vertically. I was thinking that could be a 1.5" vent that ties into the 2 inch vent. Or should it be 2 inches? I should be able thread a 2 inch vent in that 2x4 wall for the lav it is not load bearing.

James Broadback

Reaction score
Thanks James Henry,

I planned on adding the vent for the shower vertically. I was thinking that could be a 1.5" vent that ties into the 2 inch vent. Or should it be 2 inches? I should be able thread a 2 inch vent in that 2x4 wall for the lav it is not load bearing.

Hello James Henry, I wanted to double check and ask a question regarding the lav drain; Is it possible to run 1.5" lav drain to the first and only 90 turn and then run 2" from that turn into the 2" vent? I am making this run today and if I can get away with smaller holes in the 2x4's that would be my preference. My thoughts are that this is not recommended but just wanted to double check.

Thanks in advance for your time,
JB

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks