Basement bathroom rough-in, venting, ejector pump questions

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by kopec, May 3, 2007.

1. kopec

kopec New Member

Hello,

I am planning to build a ½ bathroom (lavatory and vanity) in the basement and wanted to find out if I could avoid installing additional vent. Lavatory will be located 3ft from the ejector basin, which is already vented. Could you please advise if attached configuration is acceptable and/or provide advice? Please provide a sketch if possible on how it should be done. By the way I am in Chicago land area not really sure what the code is.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Attached Files:

2. prashster

prashster New Member

In my town (in NJ) you'd need to vent the toilet. BTW, I think "lavitory" means sink - not toilet.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. kopec

kopec New Member

it's a sink and toilet as per my diagram. Where would you connect toilet vent in my diagram.

thanks,
    Chris

5. kordts

kordts In the Trades

industrial service plumbing foreman
    If you are in Chicago, you really need to do this right. They have their own code you need to follow. Call City Hall and talk to an inspector, they will steer you in the right direction. I am an Illinois licensed plumber and don't work in Chicago, because I am not a 130 plumber. They look askance at outsiders. If you do it yourself without a permit and get caught, it will cost you.

6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    vent

When I was in the Chicagoland area, they were very strict about venting, and that design would not have worked then.

7. dubldare

dubldare Plumber/Gasfitter

Plumber/Gasfitter
    How about this:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. kopec

kopec New Member

This is exactly what I had in mind originally but I was looking for easy way out. Question with your proposal, can you link toilet and sink vent into the pit vent? Some individuals are stating that it should not be done this way and you should have two separate vents.

9. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I like dubldare's drawing.
    It does't show the sweep fittings, but you should know which ones are sweep anyway.

His drawing shows the lav vented, the toilet vented, and then the lav wyed in downstream after the toilet has vented.

All the vents then can tie together like his drawing, and up it goes.

10. kopec

kopec New Member

thank you all for an advice

11. James Broadback

James Broadback New Member

Hello Everyone,

I know this is an older thread but I did come across this in my search and saw Terry's response regarding the pit vent integration. Is this type of integration allowed? I need to run a new vent and was looking to run one 2" vent through an exterior wall. The drain for the sink would be a 1.5" wet vent with one 90 turn. The size of the proposed bathroom is a 5x7.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: