500' deep well, steel pipe (galv.), rusty water... replace with PVC?

Users who are viewing this thread

hamlet_jones

Reaction score
If it were not for the weight of that damn 1-1/4" pipe, I could yank it myself (and still might) but service
requires a derrick, and the water is rusty, even after many 21' sections replaced. (could be the casing).
~end rant~

Question: If I replaced the galv with PVC, would it provide enough strength? Could I use
torq arresters and be okay?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
They make PVC that can be used in wells that deep. But if your casing is steel the rusty water probably won't go away until you install PVC casing as well, which means a new well. Steel casing can be cleaned, but then it starts rusting all over again.

hamlet_jones

Reaction score
good show, thank you. I've been investigating filters. (however, a filter don't do sh/t for my dependence on a guy with a mobile derrick)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks