3" Mission No Hub Coupling Appropriate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Burls2106

Reaction score
I'm looking for confirmation on my sewer line repair before I cover it up with concrete. I recently had a plumbing company come to my house to repair the 3" cast iron sewer line under my basement slab. They cut the cast iron pipe and joined 3" ABS to it using a Mission no hub coupling, part number C 300 C. My question is, is it OK to use that coupling, given the difference in OD sizes of the cast iron and ABS? I asked the plumber when he was done and he told me it's perfectly fine. You can see in the picture that there is a difference in the ODs. I've seen the specialized PlumQwik coupling at Home Depot (P300-33) that is specific to joining pipes of difference ODs. I'm wondering if the plumber was correct in using the Mission coupling. I didn't pull a permit, so I'm also wondering if it meets code? He told me it does.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

IMG_2209.JPG

Cool Blue Harley

One Dumb Plumber
Reaction score
UPC

705.11 Joints between various materials

705.11.3 Plastic pipe to other materials. Where connecting plastic pipe to other types of plastic or other types of piping material; approved listed adapter or transition fittings and listed for the specific transition intended shall be used.

Burls2106

Reaction score
UPC

705.11 Joints between various materials

705.11.3 Plastic pipe to other materials. Where connecting plastic pipe to other types of plastic or other types of piping material; approved listed adapter or transition fittings and listed for the specific transition intended shall be used.

Thanks for your reply.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Going from cast to plastic, I use a Mission copper size to no-hub size.
The old cast is pipe size plus 1/8"
Plastic is pipe size plus 3/8"
Using copper sizing, which is pipe size plus 1/8" works for that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks